- WR Jerry Rice, San Francisco 49ers
- WR Randy Moss, Minnesota, Vikings
- WR Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning’s Former Team
- WR/STC “Shit Talkin’ Coordinator” Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers
- WR Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
- TE Shannon Sharpe, Denver Broncos
- TE Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
- TE Mark Bavaro, New York Giants
Twenty years ago last night, Peyton Manning jogged on to the field, called a play, went under center, snapped, the ball, executed a play-action fake and hit Marvin Harrison on a slant. Harrison took it the rest of the way for a 48 yard touchdown.
To be fair, when it was all said and done combo ever had as many touchdowns as Manning & Harrison. It might be broken one day, but it will take quite a pair.
Happy Thanksgiving. A few shots of the only time #18 played on Thanksgiving. In 2004, he left the game in the 3rd quarter and could easily have put up 8-9 or maybe 10 TD passes. He threw six, three to Marvin Harrison and three to Brandon Stokley, then celebrated with Ma Simms cobbler with his OL after the game.
Needless to say Steve Marucci wasn’t a happy camper.
A throwback to this week in 1998, when Peyton Manning made his NFL preseason debut. His first pass was a slant to Marvin Harrison that Harrison took to the end zone.
His last throw. A slant to Bennie Fowler, in the 4th Quarter of Super Bowl 50 = Points.
His first ever throw. A slant to Marvin Harrison, in the 1st Quarter of the preseason opener back in 1998 = Points.
88 & 18