Short career, but a colorful stay in the NFL.
On This Day:
Manning and former backfield mate Edgerrin James found themselves on opposite sides
for the first time as Manning and James’ former team defeated the Seattle
finished the game 31/41 for 353 yards and 2 touchdowns and an interception.
hit wide receivers Reggie Wayne(5) and Austin Collie(21) on the touchdown
On This Day:
a Super Bowl rematch, Peyton Manning led his team down the field in the final
minute hitting Jacob Tamme with a touchdown. A completed two-point conversion
pass to Demaryius Thomas tied the game at 20 capping a 17 point 4th
quarter comeback for the Broncos.
the Broncos never touched the ball in overtime as Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch
marched the Seahawks down the field to win the game defeating the Broncos 26-20.
finished 31/49 for 303 yards, an interception and two touchdown passes with the
first one thrown to Julius Thomas.
CBS needs to fully buy into their Thursday Night Football package and create a handful of commercials featuring members of their currents casts and NFL players to promote the Thursday Night game each week.
- It would be easy to see Anna Faris and Allison Janey from”Mom” fawning over J.J. Watt or Russell Wilson as examples.
- Matthew Perry’s “Oscar Madison” could easily cross paths the Giants QB, Eli Manning, and whatever flavor of the month the Jets go with week to week.
- The cast of “The McCarthy’s” could use those horrible accents and fawn over Tom Brady and the rest of the New England Patriots.
- Of course, there would have to be the weekly pestering of Peyton Manning by Sheldon Cooper(Jim Parsons) from “The Big Bang Theory” with a “knock knock knock Peyton, who is playing this week?”
- The NFL would likely want to stay away from the trifecta of “Criminal Minds”, ”CSI”, or the “NCIS” stable along with other police shows, though I’m sure they could find some of the labs useful with the way the Patriots push and exceed the rule book. Of course when they do, and they always do, the could easily retain “Alicia Florick”(Julianna Margulies) from “The Good Wife” to represent their interests. Yeah that’s not happening, since everything is always pushed under the rug or destroyed.
- Tampa Bay’s….. well nevermind.
- Maybe it would be safe for John Fox or Jay Culter to visit the diner that “Mike Biggs”(Billy Gardell) eats at on “Mike & Molly” ,though it is pretty easy to see any of that cast heckling Cutler.
- With a new season and numerous new shows, I’m sure there would be a bit there to work with as well.